• To create awareness in rural & tribal
areas of Pen &Alibaug for the prevention, causes & effects of
Intellectual disability (ID).
• To create awareness in the society for various
special services, schemes & facilities available for these children
& their parents.
• To aware people for the dignity & respect of these children & adults in their families & community.
• To provide them equal opportunities, rights & participation in their families & society.
• To empower students who have been deprived of
their rights due to inequality & negligence by the society &
families by providing them special education & training as per their
• To make these students economically independent by
training & providing them employment in the open employment stream
as per their abilities.
• To bring them in the mainstream of the society by vocational rehabilitation
SuhitJeevan Trust is a Public Charitable Trust registered under Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950. It was incorporated in the year 2004 with Registration No. E- 428 (Raigad). The intense need & scarcity of special services & schools in Pen Taluka lead to the foundation of ‘SuhitJeevan Trust’ for Intellectually disabled (Mentally Challenged) children & adults.
The trust runs its projects on individual donations, CSR funds, assistance from various organizations &NGOs, it does not get any government grant.